Registration for iaps2CERN 2022 will open soon.
The first round of registration is expected to open around July, – please note this will also be the deadline for the travel grant. We will start to confirm participants after this date. A waitlist for late registration will be opened.
There will be 36 places available for iaps2CERN 2022. We will select participants for these places from everyone who registers, so you can still be selected even if there are more than 36 registrations – so don’t hesitate to sign up, especially if you want to apply for the travel grant! We will try to guarantee that students from a wide range of countries can come.
If there are places left open after selecting participants, or in the case of cancellations later, we will fill the places from surplus registrations and from the waitlist, up to the start of the event. In all cases, the organisers’ decision on selecting participants is final.
Deadline for Payment
The participation fee is will be announced later. It is hoped to include accommodation and breakfast for the three days, transportation during the excursion, and lunches at CERN. An optional extra day will include a visit to UN Eurasian Headquarters and a boat trip on Lake Geneva.
When we begin confirming participants, payment will be required (by bank transfer or PayPal) within 5 days of receiving an invoice via email from the organising committee. After that we may invalidate the confirmation and select a new participant, at our discretion.
This year we expect to also have a travel grant open for applications along with your registration! More details are available soon.
Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully and take note of the following terms and conditions you will have to follow during iaps2CERN 2022.
- All personal data will be handled confidentially. It will not be forwarded to any third parties except where necessary. Please keep in mind that we will forward some of the information in your registration form to other involved parties. We will also send your name and university to the board of the national/local committees of IAPS to check your IAPS membership.
- Only students enrolled in a university or similar institution on a physics or physics-related course, as well as up to twelve months after receiving a degree from a university are able to participate in this event. Only students with an age of at least 18 years are allowed to attend the event.
- You acknowledge and agree that the organising committee and IAPS have no responsibility whatsoever for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind that result from your participation in iaps2CERN.
- By participating in iaps2CERN you agree to be filmed, photographed, and otherwise recorded during the conference and hereby expressly grant the organising committee and IAPS the right to use your picture, movie or any other form of media publication. You also confirm that the information submitted upon registration is true and correct.
- You accept that the organising committee cannot be made responsible for the content of any talk, poster, workshop, excursion or similar activity.
- You accept that, in case of cancellation by a participant, the Organising Committee will provide a reimbursement only if a replacement for the student can be found. No reimbursement will be given for membership fees under any circumstances. If a reimbursement were to be approved, the Organising Committee will retain a total of €10 from the fee as a contribution to the expenses to the event. All decisions about financial aspects of the event will need to be approved by the entire Organising Committee.
- You acknowledge that the present terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Switzerland and France.
- You accept the IAPS Code of Conduct in addition to these terms.